I have a few things that I have been pondering just lately; if any of you know the answers to any of the questions or thoughts I bring up here, please feel free to share them with me.
1. Is there a way to do password protected posts on Blogger? I have had some fallout in my "real" life over the post I wrote the other day (St. Nick called it a Manifesto! Which made me proud, actually), and if in the future I might come across as "toxic", I don't want some of my real life people reading it. However, I looked all through Blogger and I can't find a way to do it. Any ideas/suggestions? Also, if on occasion I DO post a private post, how many of you would actually go through the process involved in reading it?
2. If I go to the same movie as Hannah and her date tomorrow night, would that in fact be considered "a gross violation of my personal privacy?" Because for some reason she thinks there is something wrong with that; I can't quite figure it out, and am wondering why, as long as I don't sit in the middle of the two of them, it should be a problem. The only problem that I can see is that they are planning to watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop, which quite frankly makes me want to vomit just a little.
3. Have any of you ever known "So and so will call to set up an appointment next week" to translate directly to "This is so and so and your appointment is tonight at 5:00," without any intervening negotiations? Hannah's therapist told us last week that B. would call to set up an appointment. Which in my little pea brain I took to mean that it would be like the other 45 million doctor and/therapist offices I have ever been in contact with where they call on Monday and say, "This is what we have open, which day works best for you?" At 10:30 yesterday morning, she called to TELL me, "Your appointment is at 5:00. Tonight." I have never heard of anything so ridiculous; I wanted to say "Are you fucking kidding me?" but she was already mad at me for questioning her "set up an appointment" process. Needless to say, Hannah missed her appointment on Thursday, because I have all of these other things like three other kids and a job to make arrangements for, and being called at 10:30 the day OF just doesn't work for me.
4. Why is it that the day before Valentine's Day, with big plans made because The Guy has to work ON V-Day, after the whole evening has been planned out down to the very last rock-my-world detail, I start my freaking period? I blame the dog; she went into heat last night, poor thing, bleeding all over the place and not sure just WHAT this stuff coming out of her hootch is. But I was not supposed to start until Sunday-ish, so I think she triggered mine (come on. I have to blame SOMEONE!). Nice. Looks like a very chaste dinner and movie tonight. Wow-do I know how to live it up or WHAT?
5. What are my obligations now that I have found out-through an across the fence discussion with one of the less odd new neighbors-that every single neighbor (on both sides AND in the back) are using some sort of illegal substance regularly? Mostly I am all like "to each his own" and shit, because I really don't care what people do as long as they don't bug ME or cause problems for me. I was joking around a little with the guy next door and said, "Oh, great, well if you see anyone coming around my house that shouldn't be, you better call the cops!" and he was all, "Are you serious? I am a stoner (as if the smell of skunky good weed emanating off of him wasn't a sure tip-off) and I don't want the cops around MY house!" So in that instance, is it better to just say to each his own and leave it? Because while I don't condone the use of illegal drugs, I also don't want anyone to know that I am the one who tipped off The Fuzz. It is a quandary, for sure.
It has been a good day; I love the Friday on a three-day weekend. And if all goes at least tolerable tomorrow, I will be out of the old house FOR GOOD. We are all really looking forward to having this three day weekend to finish getting the house in order; my room is still in a bit of a shambles because it is the stow-all for the boxes that aren't unpacked yet, so I am excited to finally be able to clean it out and set it up the way I want it to be. I am also looking forward to having some time to take Owen and Sam to the playground at the school nearby, and Jacquie is coming over to put the border up in the bathroom (we went with a jungle theme and found the cutest bathroom set EVER). I am also now within walking distance of my favorite used bookstore/coffee shop, so I may take a stroll down there with ten bucks in my pocket. Janet gave me another bookshelf, and I only have one shelf filled up. Did I say I am an addict? All in all, I am feeling pretty good today; nothing outstanding, nothing terrible, just pretty content. Which is such a wonderful, quiet feeling that I just feel grateful.