I got tagged by The Girl over at A Girl and Her Blog again to do another one of those 7 odd/random things memes, and I tell you, I am starting to get seriously concerned that some of you people really think I am quite odd, that I have enough little quirks and eccentricities to keep finding more. I might have to start digging really deep to find the ones I have been burying, and bring them out in all their glory. And if not, I think I have enough newer readers that they might now know some of the earlier ones so....without further ado....
1. I hate both Reese Witherspoon and Cameron Diaz SO much that unless every single person I know tells me a movie they are in is good, I won't watch a movie with either of them in it. I think I must be the only person in the world who thought that Cameron Diaz looked better as an ogre than she did a princess, too.
2. I brush my teeth in the shower every morning. For some reason, I feel odd if I brush them in the sink BEFORE I take a shower, but it bothers me not.at.all. to brush them in the sink before bed. Maybe I am odder than I thought.
3. There is nothing "anti-bacterial" in my home other than bleach (IS that anti-bacterial?), and I don't generally clean with bleach because it gives me a terrible headache. Therefore, if you have germ issues, my home would probably totally freak you out.
4. I bought a new vacuum about 6 months ago and I have never once used it. Now, that does NOT mean that my floor hasn't been vacuumed in that long (I have four kids and two dogs, it gets vacuumed every day at least once!), it just means that *I* have not actually vacuumed once. See, I liked my OLD vacuum. I liked it a lot. But it died, and I haven't been able to bring myself to use the new one. Even though it is EXACTLY the same as the old one, even down to the same color (oh my god, I AM crazy, aren't I?).
5. I love the smell of honey, and adore the Burt's Bees product line (all of it), but I really don't care for the TASTE of honey. I like two things: peanut butter and honey sandwiches on whole grain bread, and honey on hot cornbread slathered with butter. That's it. It is one of those things that I always THINK I like, but don't.
6. I really do not like Danielle Steel. Not only are 90% of her books the SAME, I don't think she is even a very good WRITER. I like a romance every now and again, mindless entertainment and all, but if I am going to read a book like that, it won't be one that is so banal and boring that I am busy critiquing her grammar and usage of the word "And" to start a long, meaningless, fragmented run-on-sentence. On second thought, given this particular paragraph, I could maybe give her a run for her money.
7. I rarely have less than three books actively being read at any given time, all of which are usually totally different from one another. Currently on the table are The Green Mile by Stephen King, The Drama of the Gifted Child by someone whose name I can't remember, and Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experiences by Sharon Salzberg.
So there you are. I can't really think of anyone to tag at the moment, but if you would like to do it, please feel free. And thanks again to The Girl for tagging me; I needed something a little lighter than yesterday and this fit the bill perfectly.