Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hooters Mom Update

So now I am even more upset about this whole thing. just read that this 22 year old girl was charged with homicide in this case. Now, as I said before, I think she should be punished, but get this: Earlier in the year, a man called Kevin Kelly was only charged with Involuntary Manslaughter and Child Endangerment when his child died for the SAME REASON-being left in a hot car. I was reading this article about it just this morning, and it was talking about how statistically, mothers who leave their children in hot cars are both charged and convicted more, as well as having to serve more time for the same crime. So now, all I can think is that this poor woman has more than one thing stacked against her: she is young, she has breasts, and she works at Hooters. Let me tell you, this is a case of prejudice if I ever heard one.

No comments: